This purpose of this website, http://internationaleffectiveness.engineering.illinois.edu (“Site”) is educational to help determine the Engineering Effectiveness in rural international communities. The Site and its content is made available by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois (“University”, “we”,
You hereby confirm that You have read and accept these Terms of Service and the Privacy Notice
(below), the (“Agreements”).
2. Permitted uses of Site:
As End User You agree to use the Site only as provided, and Materials only as an integral component of the Site. You agree that You are only permitted to use the Site for educational purposes and shall not use the Site for research or commercial purpose, unless You obtain written consent from the University, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. As End User You agree not to reverse-compile, reverse-assemble, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, or otherwise reverse-engineer or modify the Site.
4. You hereby accept that all patents, copyrights, trade secrets and other proprietary rights in or related to the Site are and will remain the exclusive property of University, whether or not specifically recognized or
perfected under applicable law. As End User, You will not take any action that jeopardizes University’s proprietary rights. As End User, You acknowledge and agree that You acquire no right in the Site, except the limited use license specified in Section 2. University will own all rights in any copy of the Site or any derivative work thereof, including any further improvement or development of the Site by University or You.
5. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UNIVERSITY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS
CONCERING THE APPLICATION, OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS, SERVICES, INFORMATION,
OR TECHNOLOGY, AND UNIVERSITY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND
REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU HAVE SOLE
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT
USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICATION. UNIVERSITY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY
THAT THE APPLICATION, IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER CODE OR FEATURES
THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING, DESTRUCTIVE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE
6. You accept that under no circumstances will University or its affiliates, including its trustees, directors, officers, faculty, staff, students, employees, consultants and agents, or anyone on its behalf shall be
responsible or liable to You or to any third party for any reason whatsoever including consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages or lost profits, damage to reputation, fee, expense,
financial or non-financial whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on Your claims as End User or claims of any other party arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract,
misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort, failure of any remedy to achieve its essential purpose, or otherwise, notwithstanding the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought, as result with the use of the Site, product or service.
7. You hereby irrevocably release University and its affiliates from any liability of any kind and in no event will University be liable for damages or losses that exceed, in the aggregate, the amount of fees paid by You as End User for the products that gave rise to such damages or losses for each respective breach or series of related breaches.
8. You expressly agree that these Agreements, including without limitation, disclaimers above and resolution of disputes thereof are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. The laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., shall apply to all uses of the Site. You agree that use shall conform to all applicable laws and regulations and shall not violate the rights of any third parties.
This Privacy Notice sets forth how Your information is collected, used, transferred, and stored through the Site that was created at the University of Illinois. It is also subject to the University of Illinois web privacy
notice which among others contains sections: Rules for Individuals under Thirteen Years of Age, and Disclaimer of Warranties and Accuracy of Data at http://www.vpaa.uillinois.edu/policies/web_privacy.cfm.
1. What information may the Site collect from You?
a. Personal Information.
Site collects certain Personal information. “Personal information” for purposes of this Privacy Notice means information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate an individual, such as, Your name, address, phone number, or email address. By creating an account, You are consenting to the collection and use of Your personal information by Site.
b. Automatically Collected Non-Personal Information.
Site may collect certain non-personal information automatically that may not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. The following are some examples of non-personal information that may be collected: Site usage, including frequency of access, duration and time of access, and other. By using the Site, You are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure, of non-personal information by Site.
2. How is Your information used?
Personal Information is collected and used to authenticate You and provide You access to the Site. Personal information may also be used to contact You to provide technical assistance or to inform You directly of any upcoming changes. Personal information will also be used to seek feedback and input from You.
3. Is Your personal information shared?
We may share Your Personal Information that You have provided to the University as authorized by law, order of governmental authority, or court order; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect Your safety or the safety of others. We may also share Your Personal Information if permitted under University of Illinois policy, or authorized by an approved University of Illinois contract.
4. How is Your personal information protected?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. This information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via University supported web sites.
5. How long is Your personal information stored?
We will retain Your Personal Information provided to the University in a University database for an indefinite period of time.
6. Opt-out process
You may opt-out at any time from having Your Personal Information collected by the Site. Please note that You will not have access to the Site if You opt-out. If You would like us to immediately delete the Personal Information that You have provided via the Site, please send an email to email@example.com and/or email address as provide on the Site and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the user Personal Information may be required in order for the Site to function properly.